Back-end Engineer: Java, Spring
SeedLegals is London’s hottest lawtech startup. A disruptive startup to power other startups!
Its founder is technology entrepreneur Anthony Rose, globally recognised for his role as Head of BBC iPlayer and more recently as a founder (Beamly/Zeebox, 6Tribes, SeedLegals), investor (Papped, QJAM), advisor and mentor.
The SeedLegals team are creating a brand new platform that uses machine learning, human experts, document automation and very clever engineering to revolutionise the way we define and negotiate the legals and equity arrangements that build and fund companies.
Our founders have a vision for how the best user interface design, engineering, data and human expertise across domains can be combined to solve the problems facing every business. The code you write could power your friends’ next startup and their stock options!
We’re looking for very talented Angular Developers. You’ll be experienced in build, development, test and deployment. You’ll have an excellent track record of delivering great engineering solutions to complex problems, while being highly respected by your peers and team members. You’ll be deeply passionate about the product you own. You’ll relish working with a superb team of experts in UX, design, engineering, investing and law.
Together we’ll disrupt the old world of paying lawyers to create documents designed for other lawyers, replacing it with an elegant data-driven platform that uses sophisticated document automation, data and expert knowledge to create the perfect documents in minutes. Our vision will give the founders of the 500,000 annual new UK startups the insight, knowledge and tools to build their dream. You’ll be excited by the challenge of inventing and shipping a world class application, whilst working very closely with one of the key names in the UK tech industry - Anthony Rose.
You will get an education in how a startup is created, built and scaled. You will learn from experts who’ve been there and done it whilst witnessing first-hand how thousands of other startups make the decisions that determine their futures. Great for any budding entrepreneurs out there!
- You love building standard and robust RESTful HATEOAS APIs and write automatically tested Java
- You should have a deep knowledge of Spring and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Experience with Spring Data Rest, Boot, Security, Gradle and PostgreSQL would be fantastic
- You see the value in writing unit tests using TDD and JUnit or a well-reasoned alternative
- You think, live and breathe Spring, Java, .NET... Anything that runs on a server.
- You'd prefer watch the Spring I/O rather than the Apple keynote
- You recite the Agile manifesto every morning
- You’re self-motivated and driven with a desire to solve challenging business problems
- You like to take ownership and take pride in contributing to all stages of the development
- We’d love to see evidence of your passion for technology in personal projects outside of work, e.g. blogs, publications or open source projects
- Competitive salary
- Be part of the founding team with equity in the business
- Flexible working – we believe in a good work life balance!
- 28 days annual leave (includes bank holidays)
- Great gear and an office overlooking Lincoln's Inn Fields
- Join us in the adventure and challenge of doing something that’s never been done before
- Be an inventor, creator and shareholder
- Experience the end to end life cycle of a world class technology start up, while being mentored by Anthony Rose
- We’re very experienced in turning ideas into global successes
- Work and learn from domain experts in UX, engineering, investment and law